Tuesday, September 22, 2015

God speaks

Over and over, I tell people to just let God speak. Pray and give God all your concerns, troubles, ambitions, goals and desires and then LISTEN.  So many people communicate with God, the same way they communicate with others - they just talk!  It is a one sided conversation.  God wants to hear you, but He also wants and opportunity to speak to you, give you guidance and hope.

So, how does this work?  First of all, it is just talking to God with your voice - just like speaking to you family and friends - be real.  Then open your heart and listen.  Be intent on hearing from God, open your Bible and read. Let God speak to you through His Word.  Keep reading until you hear Him clearly.  It could be right away, it may be days... keep reading and seek what He will respond to your prayer. He will.

Also, listen and receive confirmation through sermons, Christian music, other mature Christians.  At the same time, be very careful with this one.  Many times people say they heard from God, but seriously only heard their own thoughts.  Anytime someone gives you Godly advice, it should be confirming what God has already placed on your heart. Put your confidence in God's Word most of all.

Today, I prayed for an answer to many challenges we are facing in our ministry. After a long, long time of taking and talking and talking; I listened.  And right away, God spoke clearly.  I will have to explain this answer on a different posting, but this was exactly the answer I needed.  Such an excellent response to what I was asking of God.  He is that amazing.


Habakkuk 2 (NASB)
I will stand on my guard post
And station myself on the rampart;
And I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me,
And how I may reply when I am reproved.
2 Then the Lord answered me and said,
“Record the vision
And inscribe it on tablets,
That the one who reads it may run.
3 “For the vision is yet for the appointed time;
It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
For it will certainly come, it will not delay.


No comments:

Post a Comment